Indoor air quality is becoming an increasing concern The Environmental protection Agency (EPA) estimates that indoor pollutant levels can be as much as 100 times higher than outdoor air! That's why we offer professional air quality assessments designed to detect allergens and pollutants. Not only that, we offer Affordable purification and filtration solutions to ensure your family or customers can always enjoy clean, toxin-free air.
Indoor air quality is affected by both indoor and outdoor conditions. Above all, if air quality maintenance isn't a priority (filters aren't changed; ducts aren't cleaned regularly) it can result in poor indoor air quality. Pollutants that can affect air quality in a home generally fall into two categories:
Particulate Matter Pollutants. This category includes dust, smoke, pollen, animal dander, and tobacco smoke. Also included are particles generated from combustion appliances like cooking stoves, as well as particles associated with tiny organisms like:
• Dust Mites
Gaseous Pollutants. These pollutants come from combustion processes. Sources include gas cooking stoves, vehicle exhaust, and tobacco smoke, but may also come from:
• Building Materials
• Adhesives, Varnishes, Cleaning Products, & Pesticides
Symptoms of Poor Indoor Air Quality
• Nose Bleeding
• Upper Respiratory Congestion
At Addis Heating & Air Conditioning, our duct cleaning and duct sealing services are designed to bring comfort and energy efficiency to your home. If you wish to avoid unnecessary costs associated with failing ductwork, get in touch with our duct cleaning services.
• Cleaner air - Cleaning your air ducts helps to remove the buildup of dust, allergens, pet dander, and cigarette smoke. Because duct cleaning services can bring about cleaner indoor air quality, you may find that your home feels more hygienic and requires less dusting!
• Fewer allergens or irritants - If you or a family member is prone to allergies, the last thing you want is to have to take allergy medicine simply to enjoy yourself at home. Duct cleaning helps remove harmful contaminants from the air such as dust, dander, bacteria, pollen, mildew, mold, and more. If you have allergies, duct cleaning is likely a must!
• Reduced odors - Does your home have a smell that you don't know how to get rid of? It could be something to do with your current ductwork. With duct cleaning, your cleaned HVAC system will invite fresher air-for fewer smells!
• Improved airflow - Ductwork and air filters can become bogged down with dust, grime, or a buildup of debris over time. Without attention, this buildup can block the airflow in your home and cause disruptions to your furnace or air conditioner. In this case, duct cleaning helps to remove blockages and restore your home's optimal airflow.
Humidity can play a big part in determining the air quality in your home. Excessive humidity during Maryland's sticky summers can cause mold to grow, while lack of humidity during winter can lead to a range of other problems-such as dry throat, dry skin, and irritated sinuses or asthma and allergy symptoms.
AIR Humidifiers can provide a number of great benefits
• Relieving coughs, colds, the flu, and hay fever
• Reducing allergy and asthma symptoms
• Decreasing static electricity
• Improving the atmosphere and air quality of your home
• Moisturizing the respiratory system, allowing asthma sufferers to breathe easier
• Reducing dust particles and killing bacteria
• Protecting wooden objects such as floors and furniture from cracking or warping
• Providing support to your heating and cooling systems for increased comfort
Are you worried about mold, viruses, and bacteria circulating through your HVAC system? Air filters will block most of these contaminants from getting into your home, but they can only do so much. In fact, filters often provide another area for mold and bacteria to grow and thrive! If you want ultimate protection from indoor air quality contaminants, you need more than just an air filter-you need a UV light system!
Addis Heating & Air Conditioning provides high-quality UV lights for installation in your homes. To keep your home healthy and comfortable, contact us today!
UV air cleaners consist of ultraviolet light bulbs that can be installed in your air handler to reduce the airborne bacteria and mold in your home. When air circulates through your ductwork, any of these indoor air contaminants present will be exposed to UV radiation. In just a few cycles, the radiation exposure will kill the bacteria and mold, preventing them from spreading through your home. UV germicidal lights can be installed directly onto your air conditioner coil or just past your air filter, where they'll catch anything the filter missed.
Since the light is tucked away in your air handler, UV light systems pose no threat to your safety. Even so, the radiation produced by UV germicidal lights is powerful enough to eliminate any and all bacteria, viruses, and mold, so you'll have noticeably cleaner indoor air.
UV lights work great as part of a total indoor air quality solution. For the best results, you should replace your light bulb once a year. Most UV lights last a little over a year.